Comparison shopping for cheaper Florence car insurance is difficult for people who are new to online price comparisons. With so many options of insurers to choose from, it can easily turn into a real hassle to find the best premium rates.
Consumers should take time to compare prices yearly because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best price six months ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Finding the best rates in Florence is not rocket science. If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. Mississippi drivers just need to understand the proper methods to compare prices over the internet.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Some providers don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have more than one vehicle with the same car insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers could receive a small decrease in premiums.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
Popular car insurance companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, anti-theft, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
- Geico may offer discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, military active duty, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate includes discounts for passive restraint, EZ pay plan discount, teenSMART discount, good payer, 55 and retired, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO discounts include multi-car, teen safety rewards, safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, and teen safe driver.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, good student, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Florence. If you would like to view companies that offer multiple discounts in Florence, click here.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, learn about insurance regulations, and learn about specific coverages.
The following information may also be useful.
- 6 Tricks to Lower Car Insurance Premium in Florence
- Easy Ways to Pay Less on Florence Alabama Car Insurance
- Save Money on Florence Auto Insurance Rates in Five Minutes
Cheaper coverage is out there
A few companies do not offer online quoting and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents. Budget-friendly car insurance is definitely available both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
When you , it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce car insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more you , the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.