Searching for cheap Ashley auto insurance can seem to be overwhelming for vehicle owners new to quoting and buying insurance over the internet. With a ridiculous number of insurers to choose from, how can Ashley drivers have time to compare every company in order to find the best available rates?
Save a ton by receiving discounts
Companies do not advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Driving Data Discount – Ashley drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to look at driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Some of the larger companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Ashley, click here.
Reducing your insurance rates is pretty simple and can save money. All you need to do is take the time comparing rate quotes to find the company with . It is quite easy and can be accomplished by following the guidelines below.
- The fastest and easiest way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form eliminates the need for boring form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. One quote request compares rates from several companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more difficult way to get quotes online requires visiting each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Allstate, Progressive and Travelers. You would need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Ashley, click here.
- The least efficient method to shop rates is driving around to different Ashley agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the personal advice that only an agent can give. However, consumers can compare the best prices online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, try to use apples-to-apples coverage limits for every quote you compare. If each company quotes different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine which company has the best rates in Ashley.
Price influencing factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates. Many things are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Lower auto insurance rates with alarm systems – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
- How much liability protection – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means lower prices – Safer cars get lower rates. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your car or truck scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- A good credit rating can save money – Credit history can be a huge factor in determining what you pay. People that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
- Incidental coverages push up costs – Insurance companies have many additional coverages that may not really be needed if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most major companies provide discounts to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may save even more than the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Auto insurance rates and age – Teenage drivers in North Dakota are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a beginning driver onto your auto insurance can be quite pricey. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Prices can change based on your address – Living in less populated areas can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate.
Auto insurance can get complicated
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
- What if I total my vehicle and owe more than it’s worth?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Buying auto insurance from Ashley auto insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Ashley who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents?
- How experiences are they in personal risk management?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents are considered either independent agents or captive agents. Both insure your vehicles, but we need to point out the subtle differences since it can affect buying decisions.
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people purchase coverage from captives primarily because of the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find you the best rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are independent agencies in Ashley that can give you rate quotes.
- Schlepp Insurance – 208 W Main St – Ashley, ND 58413 – (701) 288-3320
- MCB Insurance – 204 W Main St – Ashley, ND 58413 – (701) 288-3004
For more insurance agents in Ashley, view this list of auto insurance providers in Ashley.
Once you have good answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that can provide auto insurance coverage.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers in North Dakota can’t get away from all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Allstate and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing about how much you will save if you switch your auto insurance coverage to their company.
But how can every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Many companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of customer that will generate a profit. For example, a desirable risk might have to be over the age of 50, has never had a claim, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured that matches those criteria receives the best premium rates and will save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside those criteria may be forced to pay higher premium rates and this can result in the customer buying from someone else. The ad wording is “drivers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can state the savings. Because each company has a different risk profile, you should do a price quote comparison at every renewal. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will have better premium rates than you’re paying now.
More comparisons equals lower rates
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests or even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right auto insurance provider is easier than you think.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce auto insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding . You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from the smaller companies.
Additional detailed information is available at the North Dakota Insurance Department website. North Dakota consumers can read industry bulletins, discover disciplinary actions, report car insurance fraud, and find disaster information.