Shopping for low-cost West Fargo auto insurance online can be problematic for people who are new to price shopping online. When there are so many insurance companies available, how can you effectively compare them all to find the lowest price?
You need to shop coverage around every six months due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best price last year other companies may now be cheaper. So forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Why you might pay higher rates in West Fargo
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
Shown below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest base rates are for low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your car every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your auto insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse translates into being more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost in West Fargo
Finding cheaper auto insurance prices can be surprisingly simple. All you need to do is spend a little time comparing rates online with multiple companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The single most time-saving way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for each company. Taking the time to complete one form will get you rate comparisons from multiple low-cost companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A slightly less efficient method to get quotes online requires a visit to each individual company website and request a quote. For example, let’s assume you want comparison quotes from State Farm, Allstate and GMAC. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in West Fargo, click here.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If each company quotes different deductibles it’s impossible to make a fair comparison in West Fargo.
Don’t miss these discounts
Companies don’t list every discount very well, so we break down both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
- Resident Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in West Fargo may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations may earn a discount on auto insurance.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in West Fargo, click here to view.
More detailed North Dakota auto insurance information can be read at the North Dakota Insurance Department website. Consumers can read consumer alerts, find out industry alerts, find out which companies have the most complaints, and view agent and company licensing information.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
You just learned some good ideas how to compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Cheaper auto insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents in West Fargo, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate.