Cutting costs on Edmond auto insurance is always a challenge for beginners to comparison shopping online. You have so many companies to choose from that it can be a lot of work to locate the lowest price in Edmond.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs in Edmond, OK
There are a variety of methods to compare auto insurance prices but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to local insurance agents in Edmond, or you could save time and use online quotes to achieve your goal.
Many popular insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and every company can give them a price for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each individual auto insurance company. To find out what other companies charge click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you are unable to specify which companies you want to price. So if you want to select individual companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in Oklahoma. View list of Oklahoma insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare exactly the same quote information for every quote you compare. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s not possible to truly determine the lowest rate in Edmond. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- E-sign – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy digitally online.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
To see a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts in Edmond, click here to view.
Compare online but buy from a local Edmond agent
Some people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Edmond.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will battle for your coverage. You never need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy! Get lower rates and work with a local agent.
Choose the right car insurance agent
If you’re trying to find local Edmond agents, there are two different agency structures that you can select. Agents are classified as either independent or captive.
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you should always include at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Edmond that are able to give price quote information.
- Bill Mc Garry Insurance – – Edmond, OK 73034 – (405) 348-6009
- Mosley Agency Inc – 2300 S Broadway # 103 – Edmond, OK 73013 – (405) 341-7171
- Bass Agency – 1221 Lamplighter Ln – Edmond, OK 73034 – (405) 818-7962
- Insurance Products Agency Inc – 3000 N Kelly Ave – Edmond, OK 73003 – (405) 715-0800
- About Insurance Inc – 205 E Ayers St – Edmond, OK 73034 – (405) 715-2424
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Captives receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers frequently buy from captive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Edmond that are able to give price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 415 W 15th St # 2 – Edmond, OK 73013 – (405) 348-9989
- Shelter Insurance – 25 NW 144th Cir # C – Edmond, OK 73013 – (405) 748-3372
- Farmers Insurance Group – 817 Irish Ln # 2 – Edmond, OK 73003 – (405) 348-9166
- Oklahoma Farm Bureau Edmond – 2329 W 15th St – Edmond, OK 73013 – (405) 340-5087
- State Farm Insurance – 213 S Broadway – Edmond, OK 73034 – (405) 341-0551
For a complete listing of captive agents in Edmond, please click here.
Deciding on an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Oklahoma?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How long has their agency been in business in Edmond?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
After receiving good answers to these questions and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can provide auto insurance coverage.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Oklahoma?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
More information can be read on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website through this link. Oklahoma consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, view agent and company licensing information, and report car insurance fraud.
More quotes mean more savings
You just read some good ideas how you can compare auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Discount auto insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents in Edmond, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.