Tired of trying to scrape together enough money to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other North Dakota consumers. Many car insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a insurance company to discover the definitive best rate
Take discounts and save
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be asked about before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- E-sign – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in North Dakota, click here.
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move your coverage to them.
How can each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and most likely will save when switching.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will have to pay more money which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. This is how companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings.
To find out more about North Dakota auto insurance
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the website for the North Dakota Insurance Department found here. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, view agent and company licensing information, and read industry bulletins.
More comparisons equals lower rates
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on auto insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Cost effective auto insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Grafton, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.