Sick and tired of being strong-armed to buy car insurance? You are no different than many other drivers in California. With so many choices of insurance companies, it can be diffult for consumers to choose the most cost effective company.
Moreno Valley Car Insurance Prices Online
There are a lot of ways to compare car insurance quotes, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You can waste hours driving to agents in Moreno Valley, or you can utilize online quotes to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers submit one quote, and each participating company returns a rated price for coverage. This saves time by eliminating form submissions to each individual car insurance company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose which insurance companies you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose individual companies for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of car insurance companies in California. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you’re using exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If you have different liability limits it will be next to impossible to determine the best price in Moreno Valley.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To choose providers offering car insurance discounts in California, follow this link.
Many Things Influence your Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine your rates.
- Too many car insurance claims drive up costs – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in California give cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Careers like judges, executives and dentists have the highest average rates because of job stress and long work hours. Other jobs such as scientists, historians and homemakers get better rates.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are in accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Moreno Valley?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
- Do no-fault laws apply in California?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
More information can be read on the website for the California Department of Insurance found here. California drivers can find out which companies have the most complaints, read state legal mandates and laws, read industry bulletins, and learn about insurance regulations.
More related Moreno Valley car insurance information:
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance by Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make an identical promise that you can save if you switch to their company.
But how can every company make the same claim?
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has great credit. A customer who fits that profile receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Drivers who do not match these standards will be charged higher rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
That is why it is so important to get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which company will have the lowest rates.
Smart shoppers get results
Cost effective car insurance can be bought online and also from your neighborhood Moreno Valley agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best price.