Finding lower rates for Moundsville car insurance is always difficult for beginners to comparing rates online. You have so many choices that it can be a big hassle to find the best price in Moundsville.
Which Car Insurance is Cheapest in Moundsville?
Finding a better price on car insurance can be quick and easy. Drivers just need to invest a little time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The most efficient way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. A single, simple form will get you price quotes from several companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Geico and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Moundsville, click here.
- The most time-consuming method to get comparison rates is to spend your day driving to different Moundsville agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional guidance of a local Moundsville agent. You can, however, compare the best prices online and still use a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using exactly the same information for each price quote. If you enter different liability limits you will not be able to determine the best price in Moundsville.
Misconceptions in car insurance advertisements
West Virginia drivers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings from the likes of Progressive, Allstate and Geico. All the companies say the same thing of big savings if you change your coverage to them.
How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will have to pay a more expensive rate which leads to the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. Because of the profiling, you need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Car insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very well, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Moundsville, click here.
Quote online but still have a local agent
Certain consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you peace of mind. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Moundsville who will battle for your coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Choosing an insurance company requires more thought than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How are they compensated?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in West Virginia?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
Compare rates from both independent and captive auto insurance agents
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Moundsville can either be captive or independent (non-captive). Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can influence the type of agent you choose
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are Liberty Mutual, Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from captive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a short list of captive agencies in Moundsville that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 900 Lafayette Ave – Moundsville, WV 26041 – (304) 845-7660
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you should always include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent agents in Moundsville that can give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance – 801 7th St – Moundsville, WV 26041 – (304) 845-3110
- Paree Insurance Ctr – 605 Lafayette Ave – Moundsville, WV 26041 – (304) 845-3953
For a complete listing of Moundsville insurance agents, please click here.
After receiving positive feedback in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that will adequately provide car insurance.
More detailed West Virginia car insurance information can be read at the West Virginia Insurance Commission website. West Virginia drivers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, learn about insurance regulations, and read state legal mandates and laws.
Buy online or local, you save
As you prepare to switch companies, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured cut full coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to reduce car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be easier than you think.