Tired of trying to scrape together enough money to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as most other car owners in West Virginia.
Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates.
The purpose of this article is to help educate you on the most effective way to quote insurance. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. But West Virginia vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to Compare Weston Auto Insurance Costs
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The fastest way to find the lowest rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The recommended way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for separate quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons direct from many companies.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online requires you to visit the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Liberty Mutual, Progressive and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Weston, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using identical quote information for each price quote. If you compare different liability limits you will not be able to determine the lowest rate in Weston. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. It’s important to know that more quotes will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
Take advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
To choose providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Weston, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in West Virginia?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Do no-fault laws apply in West Virginia?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
More information is located on the website for the West Virginia Insurance Commission found here. Visitors are able to file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, view agent and company licensing information, find disaster information, and discover disciplinary actions.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Cheap auto insurance can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Weston, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.