Using the web to shop for Brookfield auto insurance can be a challenge if you’re new to online quoting. But relax because using the internet to shop for auto insurance is actually quite easy.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rates from different in Brookfieldinsurance companies. By far the easiest way to find competitive insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be done in several different ways.
- The most efficient way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This form eliminates the need for separate quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Just one form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A different way to get comparison quotes is going to the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare State Farm, Progressive and GMAC. You would have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Brookfield, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of comparing rate quotes is driving to local Brookfield insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but make sure you use apples-to-apples quote information for each comparison quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best in Brookfield. Just a small difference in coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find lower pricing.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Connecticut, click here.
Save Money with These Tips
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good at first, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Connecticut DMV.
- High performance equals high price – The type of vehicle you own makes a substantial difference in your rates. Economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Buying car insurance locally
Some consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Brookfield.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. You never need to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy! It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
If you prefer to select a specific agent in Brookfield, visit this site.
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Connecticut?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an acceptable price quote, most likely you have located a company that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
More information is located on the Connecticut Insurance Department website found here. Consumers can get help finding coverage, learn about insurance regulations, learn about specific coverages, and view agent and company licensing information.
Other related articles:
Don’t believe everything you hear
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the ads have a common claim that you can save if you change to their company. But how can every company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a driver they prefer might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be charged a more expensive rate which leads to the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can make those claims.
That is why it is so important to get quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which auto insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
You just read many tips how you can compare auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund or high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.