If you’re new to shopping for car insurance online, you may be overwhelmed by the vast number of companies competing for business in Monroe.
It’s a good habit to compare prices every six months since rates are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best rates two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some guaranteed methods to put money back in your pocket.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
To choose insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Monroe, click this link.
Monroe Car Insurance Comparisons
There are a variety of methods to shop for car insurance, and some are easier and takes less work. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in Monroe, or you could save time and use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and every company then gives them pricing. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests to each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to start a free quote.
The one downside to pricing coverage this way is that consumers can’t choose the providers you want to price. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of companies who write car insurance in Michigan. Click to view list.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare exactly the same coverage information for each price quote. If the quotes have different deductibles it will be next to impossible to determine which rate is truly the best in Monroe.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
More quotes mean more savings
We covered some good ideas how to get a better price on car insurance. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
The cheapest car insurance is available both online in addition to many Monroe insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.