Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can eat up your checking account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Doing a rate analysis can help to lower your bills every month.
There are many insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, so many choices can make it hard to get the best deal.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes as often as possible because rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best rate six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand auto insurance companies have advanced systems to give rate comparisons. The one thing you need to do is give them rating details like driver details, daily mileage, if you have a valid license, and if it has an alarm system. That rating information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and enter your coverage details.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-94.jpg" alt="Tazewell VA car insurance prices” />
You may qualify for discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that you may not even know about. Many discounts should be triggered when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Deterent – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance from them.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help lower the cost of your policy.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Geico may have discounts that include good student, five-year accident-free, military active duty, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including FullPay discount, auto/life discount, premier plus, anti-lock brakes, good payer, and passive restraint.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safe driver, accident prevention training, homeowner, teen safety rewards, multi-car, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for multi-vehicle, safe driver, youthful driver, good student, 55 and retired, renewal discount, and multi-policy.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Tazewell. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Tazewell, click here.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my vehicle is totaled?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Virginia?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Much more information about auto insurance in Virginia can be found on the website for the Virginia Bureau of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, read consumer alerts, and find a variety of consumer forms.