Are you tired of being strong-armed to pay your car insurance bill each month? You’re in the same situation as most other car owners in Alabama. Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO all claim big savings with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around before your policy renews since insurance rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on your last policy a different company probably has better rates today. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get some great ideas on how to stop overpaying for insurance.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, you can learn to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Buying car insurance in Oxford is not rocket science. Alabama consumers only need to know the most efficient way to find the lowest price online.
More discounts equal less premium
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known car insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts in Alabama, click here.
Finding Car Insurance in Oxford
Reducing your insurance rates is not a difficult process. Consumers just need to spend a little time comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The first (and easiest) way to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This method saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form compares rates direct from many companies.
- A harder way to compare rate quotes is going to each company website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s say you want rates from Liberty Mutual, Esurance and GEICO. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Oxford, click here.
- The least recommended method to get comparison rates is driving to different agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the professional guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible to obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using exactly the same coverages and limits for each price quote. If each company quotes different deductibles you will not be able to determine the best price in Oxford.
Affordable insurance is out there
You just read a lot of ways to compare car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When you buy insurance online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price.