Have you had enough of not being able to afford each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with catchy ads and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Williamsport can save you money because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
For a list of companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Do no-fault laws apply in Pennsylvania?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
More detailed Pennsylvania auto insurance information is available at the Pennsylvania Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to view agent and company licensing information, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, report car insurance fraud, and learn about insurance regulations.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Discount auto insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Williamsport, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.