Are you regretting buying high-priced auto insurance? Trust us, there are many Baldwyn drivers thinking the same thing. People have so many insurers to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, more options can take longer to locate the cheapest rates.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates every six months since prices trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the lowest price at your last renewal you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the easiest way to save on auto insurance.
Finding the best rates in Baldwyn is not that difficult. If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Mississippi drivers just need to understand the proper methods to compare prices on the web.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Some insurers don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you . If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Discount – Baldwyn drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to spy on driving patterns through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Paper-free Discount – Many auto insurance companies will provide an incentive simply for signing on the web.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can get a slight reduction on a .
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles can earn cheaper premium rates.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, defensive driver, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- American Family offers discounts for air bags, early bird, accident-free, mySafetyValet, good student, defensive driver, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, student away at school, driver training, good student, payment discounts, multi-car, and save driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including early shopping, teen driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, and business and professional.
- USAA may offer discounts for good student, new vehicle, loyalty savings, family discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, and good student.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
Mississippi insurance information
Even more information is located at the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, learn about insurance regulations, and report car insurance fraud.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding . You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.