Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced auto insurance policy? Believe me when I say many Laurinburg drivers have buyer’s remorse. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
Most companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get coverage price quotes online. Getting quotes is fairly straightforward as you just type in your required coverages into the form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system requests reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information. Online price quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit each company’s website and repetitively type in the same information gets old quite quickly. But it’s necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
A more efficient way to get multiple rate quotes requires only one form to get prices from a bunch of companies at once. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes rate comparisons much easier to do. After your information is entered, it is rated and you can select any or none of the resulting price quotes. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in a new tab and submit the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will receive a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Auto insurance companies offer money-saving discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Sign Early and Save – A few auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy early. You could save around 10% when you .
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- New Car Discount – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save up to 30% because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To view auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in North Carolina, click here.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Laurinburg?
- What are the best liability limits?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- How much liability coverage do I need in North Carolina?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in North Carolina?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Good choices result in lower prices
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that help determine your premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into premiums.
- Get better rates if you’re married – Having a significant other helps lower the price on your auto insurance policy. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Raising deductibles saves money – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, animal collisions, or theft of your vehicle. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurance companies will award lower prices to buyers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates. It’s possible to still save even more than the discount even if you have your coverage with different companies
- Lower prices with alarms and GPS tracking – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Advanced theft deterrents such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Auto insurance providers like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. They all advertise claims that you’ll save big if you get a free and switch to them. Is it even possible that every company can make almost identical claims? It’s all in how they say it.
Auto insurance companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. One example of a preferred risk should be between the ages of 40 and 55, carries high limits, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. A driver who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates in Laurinburg and most likely will save if they switch.
Potential customers who do not fit this stringent profile will probably be forced to pay higher rates which leads to the customer not buying. The wording the ads use say “drivers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those statements. This illustrates why you absolutely need to do a quote comparison often. It’s impossible to know which auto insurance company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
One last thing to lower rates
Lower-priced auto insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Laurinburg agents, so get from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer rate quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More North Carolina auto insurance information
Additional detailed information can be found at the North Carolina Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to find out which companies have the most complaints, learn about insurance regulations, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.