Are you intimidated by the dozens of car insurance options in Pelham? Lot’s of other consumers are too. Drivers have so many options that it can be a lot of work to find lower rates.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes occasionally since insurance rates change frequently. If you had the best price a year ago you can probably find a better price now. So block out anything you think you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the easiest way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. The purpose of this article is to teach you how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, Alabama drivers must learn how companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Components of your insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get better car insurance rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of insurance companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few additional coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in less populated areas has it’s advantages when talking about car insurance. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder auto theft.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- What are your deductibles? – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Performance makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The most favorable rates tend to be for low performance passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Comprehensive Pelham Car Insurance Comparison
Most major insurance companies give prices directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing is fairly simple as you just type in your coverage preferences into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their system orders information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote.
This streamlines rate comparisons, but having to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the best price possible.
A more efficient way to compare rates is to use a quote form to get prices from multiple companies. The form is fast, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online shopping much easier to do. Immediately after submitting the form, it gets priced and you can choose any or none of the pricing results.
If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. The whole process only takes a few minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To find out if lower rates are available, simply click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in the coverage information identical to your current policy. This way, you are getting a rate comparison for similar coverage.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To choose providers with discount car insurance rates in Pelham, click here to view.
Quote online but still have a local agent
Certain consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting local agencies is especially important in Pelham.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Pelham who will battle for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to your email. Now that’s easy! It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Types of auto insurance agents in Pelham
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Pelham are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, you should always contact multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Pelham independent agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Vince Pierce Agency – 3425 Pelham Pkwy # B – Pelham, AL 35124 – (205) 663-7747
- Joel D Howard Agency – 2105 Old Montgomery Hwy # 100 – Pelham, AL 35124 – (205) 733-0030
- Nationwide Insurance – 2969 Pelham Pkwy # N – Pelham, AL 35124 – (205) 620-5055
- MTG Insurance Of Alabama – 2969 Pelham Pkwy – Pelham, AL 35124 – (205) 663-9755
Captive agencies can only place business with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Captive agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy from captive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of captive agencies in Pelham that can give you comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 2969 Pelham Pkwy # E – Pelham, AL 35124 – (205) 663-3119
- Allstate Insurance – 2050 Oak Mountain Dr – Pelham, AL 35124 – (205) 664-8338
To view a full list of car insurance agents in Pelham, please go to this site.
Picking a car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- How long has their agency been in business in Pelham?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
After receiving positive feedback and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your car insurance policy.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Additional information is located on the Alabama Department of Insurance website through this link. Alabama consumers can discover disciplinary actions, find out which companies have the most complaints, and report car insurance fraud.
More quotes mean more savings
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver and even high prices. Whatever your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
Cost effective car insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to many Pelham insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.