Wish you could get out of an expensive car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are a lot of people in Waldron just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy. Many car insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the best coverage at the cheapest price
Find discounts on Arkansas car insurance
Some insurers don’t always advertise all disounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a class that teaches safe driver techniques could save 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles may allow you to get discounted car insurancerates on garaged vehicles.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers can get a discount up to 10%.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will definitely reduce your overall bill.
To find insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Arkansas, click here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Save $409 a year? Really?
Consumers in Arkansas can’t get away from ads for the lowest price car insurance by 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies advertise claims that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch your policy.
How do they all offer you a better deal? Here is how they do it.
Many companies have specific guidelines for a prospective insured that makes them money. One example of this type of risk profile may be a mature driver, has no tickets, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any new insured that matches those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes and is almost guaranteed to save some money.
Potential insureds who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will see higher prices with the end result being business not being written. If you listen closely, the ads state “people who switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. That’s why insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. Each company has different criteria, so drivers should compare price quotes frequently. It is just not possible to predict which company will have the best prices.
Additional resources for Arkansas consumers
Even more information is available at the Arkansas Insurance Department website. Arkansas drivers can read consumer alerts, find disaster information, and find out industry alerts.
Lower rates by being persistent
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting . Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Geico and State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.