High-priced car insurance can overdraw your funds and make it impossible to make ends meet. Doing a price comparison can save money and help to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Geico and Farmers Insurance increase brand awareness with ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flashy ads and do the work needed to find the best deal.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price last year you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the easiest ways to save on car insurance.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes is to know most of the bigger providers allow for online access to give you rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give the companies some data including if it has an anti-theft system, driver ages, how your vehicles are used, and if you’re married. The rating information is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
Learn how to lower your car insurance premiums
Many factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, but some are more obscure such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining the price you pay for car insurance. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in cheaper rates.
- Women pay lower costs – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Residing in areas with lower population has definite advantages when insuring your vehicles. People in densly populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Less people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- How old are your drivers? – Young drivers in Nebraska are known to be less responsible when driving with friends so car insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a youthful driver to your policy can really hurt. Older drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Rates may be lower depending on your employer – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as judgespolice officers and financial analysts tend to have higher premium rates because of intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like professors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
Slash your car insurance rates with discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow companies to track driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for lower premium rates.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to sucessfully take a drivers education course as it can save substantially.
Just know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
A partial list of companies who might offer some of the above discounts possibly include:
Double check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policies in your state.
Car insurance savings summarized
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned many tips how you can save on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding . You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-conscious car insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Ainsworth, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with local independent agencies.
Much more information about car insurance in Nebraska can be read on the through this link. Visitors are able to learn about specific coverages, learn about insurance regulations, report car insurance fraud, and find out industry alerts.
Additional helpful sites include BankRate.com’s Car Insurance: When not to Skimp and this page on QuoteClickInsure.com.