Cutting costs on Cordele car insurance can be slightly frustrating for beginners to online comparison shopping. With literally dozens of insurance companies available, it can easily become a ton of work to find a more affordable company.
Consumers need to compare prices once or twice a year because car insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best rate six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the tricks you need to know to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Car insurance quotes comparison
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be a lot of work if you don’t know the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend countless hours driving to insurance agencies in Cordele, or you could use the web to get pricing more quickly.
Many companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers complete one form, and each company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for form submissions for each company.
To use this form to compare rates click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to using this type of system is you can’t choose which carriers to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose individual companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of car insurance companies in Georgia. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, ensure you are comparing the same coverage limits with every price quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison in Cordele.
Get lower rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically when you get a quote, but occassionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Just being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better car insurance rates.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Distant Student Discount – who are attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
Policy discounts save money, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
If you need , ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Cordele. To see a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Georgia, follow this link.
Local Cordele insurance agents and car insurance
Many people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information gets sent to participating agents in Cordele who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an provider requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
When narrowing the list to find local Cordele agents, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Cordele are categorized either captive agents or independent agents. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they are different because it may have an impact on the type of agent you choose.
Captive agencies can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Captive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are well trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to use the same captive agent partially due to the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Cordele captive insurance agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 302 N Pecan St – Cordele, GA 31015 – (229) 273-3160
- State Farm Insurance – 719 E 16th Ave – Cordele, GA 31015 – (229) 273-4453
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, they simply switch companies in-house which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Cordele that can give you comparison quotes.
- Clarke Insurance Assoc-South – 106 N 7th St # A – Cordele, GA 31015 – (229) 271-0000
- Whiddon Insurance – 701 Stewart Ave – Cordele, GA 31015 – (229) 273-7669
To view additional car insurance agents in Cordele, see this directory of insurance agencies in Cordele.
After receiving acceptable answers to these questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is professional and can service your policy.
More tips and info about car insurance is located at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, discover disciplinary actions, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and view a list of available companies.
One last thing
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, being labeled a high risk driver or high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Budget-friendly car insurance is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies don’t offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.