Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other Nebraska drivers.
With so many choices, it can be hard to locate the lowest cost car insurance company.
This article will let you in on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. But Nebraska consumers need to have an understanding of how big insurance companies market on the web and apply this information to your search.
How to Buy Kearney Auto Insurance Online
There are a variety of methods to compare auto insurance quotes, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You could waste time talking to insurance agencies in Kearney, or you could use online quotes to get pricing more quickly.
Most major companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their policy data once, and at least one company can give them a price for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote forms to each company.
To compare rates now click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify which carriers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific providers for rate comparison, we have a listing of companies who write auto insurance in Nebraska. View list of Nebraska insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, compare apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to make a fair comparison in Kearney. Slightly different coverages may cause a big price difference. Just remember that more quotes gives you a better chance of getting a better price.
Is there truth in advertising?
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise that you’ll save big after switching to them. How do they all make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer they prefer to insure. An example of a driver they prefer could possibly be over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Consumers who do not match these standards must pay higher prices which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
This illustrates why it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest rates.
How much can you save with discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before being credited.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
To choose providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Kearney, follow this link.
More information is located on the website for the Nebraska Department of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, file complaints about a company, and view agent and company licensing information.
Quote more, save more
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped full coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest auto insurance is available online and with local Kearney insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.