Sick and tired of paying out the nose to keep your car insured? You are in the same boat as most other consumers in Georgia. Because you have many companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to find the lowest cost insurer.
It’s a good habit to compare rates on a regular basis because auto insurance rates go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal last year you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to use the internet to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Active Military Service – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a safe driver course may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers could receive a small discount on rates.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers sucessfully take a drivers education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Powder Springs drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
Don’t be shocked that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, early bird, theft prevention, and teen driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, safe vehicle, multiple autos, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Nationwide includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, and accident-free.
- Esurance may offer discounts for multi-policy, Switch & Save, DriveSense, good student, and homeowner.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, defensive driver, air bag, bundle, driver training, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in your area.
More information about auto insurance
Additional detailed information is located at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Georgia consumers can find disaster information, find out industry alerts, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
You can lower your rates
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you , the better likelihood of getting . You may be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with the least-expected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, Geico and Nationwide.