Are you regretting buying an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many Wheeling consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy. Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to find the lowest price
Discount Wheeling car insurance rates
Some providers don’t always list all possible discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
- Life Insurance – Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower prices.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few car insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
You should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Some of the insurance companies who may offer these money-saving discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies who offer free car insurance quotes in Illinois, follow this link.
Many insurance companies give price estimates on the web. Comparing rates online doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. When the form is submitted, the quote system will obtain your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote based on many factors. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit several different sites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s necessary to perform this step if you are searching for better car insurance pricing.
There is an easier way!
A less time-consuming method to compare rates uses just one form to return rates from many companies. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes rate comparisons much more efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated and you can choose any one of the quotes returned. If you find a better price you can click and sign and buy the policy. It only takes a few minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting a price comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Four ways to buy car insurance for less in Wheeling
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility. It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- File car insurance claims and pay more – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies in Illinois provide lower rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Safer cars save money – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your vehicle is rated at a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may be receiving a better rate.
- Rates increase with policy add-ons – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying car insurance. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Comp and collision deductibles are a factor – Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, hail damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Your deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the better rate you will receive.
Local Wheeling insurance agents
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area that can give you for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
When narrowing the list to find local Wheeling agents, you should know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either independent agents or captive agents depending on their employer.
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Captive agents are usually well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are Wheeling captive insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 285 Sumac Rd – Wheeling, IL 60090 – (847) 215-0849
American Family Insurance – 175 Olde Half Day Rd – Wheeling, IL 60090 – (847) 243-4424
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you check rates from independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Wheeling willing to provide price quote information.
All American Insurance – 1950 S Wolf Rd – Wheeling, IL 60090 – (847) 353-5454
Art Of Insurance – 704 S Milwaukee Ave – Wheeling, IL 60090 – (847) 541-4441
To view more licensed insurance agents in Wheeling, see this directory of insurance agencies in Wheeling, IL.
Upon receiving satisfactory answers as well as quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
We covered a lot of techniques to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding . Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like Progressive or Geico.
Lower-priced car insurance can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
To learn more about car insurance in Illinois
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at the Illinois Department of Insurance website. Consumers can get help finding coverage, find out industry alerts, and view agent and company licensing information.
The articles below may also help you learn more about car insurance in Wheeling