I really doubt anyone likes buying car insurance, particularly when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates. Big companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
Find discounts on Grove car insurance
Some insurance providers do not list every policy discount very clearly, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- E-sign Discounts</strong – A few larger companies may give you up to $50 on their website.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will reduce your policy premiums.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for teen driver, bundle discounts, youthful driver, distant student, multi-car, and homeowner.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, multiple autos, good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new graduate, newly married, preferred payment discount, safety features, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, and teen driver discount.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good driver, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in Grove. To see a list of insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Oklahoma, follow this link.
The quickest way to compare car insurance rates is to know the fact car insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them some information including how much school you completed, whether you have decent credit, how your vehicles are used, and any included safety features. Your insurance information is submitted instantly to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes immediately.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Learn how to lower your car insurance rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get better car insurance rates.
The items below are some of the major factors that factor into your premiums.
- Lower rates with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your policy. Add-on coverages like vanishing deductibles, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- More policies can equal more savings – Many companies will give a discount to customers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most. It’s possible to still find lower rates by splitting coverages up.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher premiums – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you fines or a revoked license.
- Gender and car insurance – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Reserve car insurance claims for larger damages – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Oklahoma generally give most affordable rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- More stress means more cost – Careers like military personnelairline pilots and miners have the highest average rates attributed to job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, careers like farmers, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
Tricks in car insurance advertising
Well-known car insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive continually stream ads in print and on television. They all try to convey promises about savings if you switch your policy. How is it possible that every company can give you a better price? It’s all in the numbers.
Most companies have underwriting criteria for the type of driver that makes them money. A good example of a driver they prefer might be over the age of 50, has few claims, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who matches that profile will probably get the lowest auto insurance rates and will probably save money with a new company.
Drivers who fall short of the ideal profile will see higher prices and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The wording the ads use say “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” can save as much as they claim. This is how companies can advertise the way they do.
Because every company is different, drivers must compare quotes as often as possible. You cannot predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper car insurance can be bought online and from local insurance agents, so you need to with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
We just covered many ways to save on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you , the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
For more Oklahoma car insurance information
Much more information about car insurance in Oklahoma can be found on the through this link. Visitors are able to read consumer alerts, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, report car insurance fraud, and download brochures.
The following information may also be useful.