Expensive auto insurance can take a big chunk out of your savings account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to help make ends meet. Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it can be more difficult to adequately compare rates.
Finding the best rates in Jackson is not that difficult. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to save some money using this information. Michigan drivers only need to know the tricks to find the lowest price online.
How to Buy Jackson Auto Insurance Online
There are a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance, but some are easier and takes less work. You can spend your afternoon talking to insurance agencies in Jackson, or you can stay home and use the internet to quickly compare rates.
Most major companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and each participating company provides a quote based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quote requests for every auto insurance company. To compare rates now click to open in new window.
The single downside to doing it this way is that consumers can’t choose the insurers you will receive quotes from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to request quotes from, we have a page of auto insurance companies in Michigan. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use identical coverage limits with every price quote. If the quotes have different liability limits you can’t possibly find the best deal in Jackson.
These discounts can slash auto insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount with certain companies.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of providers with the best auto insurance discounts in Jackson, click here to view.
Additional resources for Michigan consumers
Additional detailed information is located at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, view agent and company licensing information, and find out industry alerts.
More related Jackson auto insurance information: