Have you had enough of scraping the payment together to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than many other North Dakota consumers.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to locate the cheapest rates.
Finding affordable coverage in Harvey is quite easy. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Although North Dakota drivers should learn how the larger insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Where Can I Get Cheap Harvey Auto Insurance?
Most major insurance companies quote coverage prices on their websites. Getting online rates doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their rating system makes automated requests for information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors. Online quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit several different sites and complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you are searching for better prices.
A less time-consuming method to get multiple rate quotes utilizes a single form that obtains quotes from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable. After your information is entered, it is quoted and you can choose your choice of the quotes that you receive. If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. It can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To find out if lower rates are available, simply click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will have rate comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Drivers should understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Harvey, follow this link.
But I prefer to buy car insurance from an agent
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who will battle to get your business. You never need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. How’s that for easy! It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent.
Deciding on a company requires more thought than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Types of insurance agencies in Harvey
When finding a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can select. Agencies in Harvey are classified as either captive or independent (non-captive).
Captive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are captive insurance agencies in Harvey who may provide you with price quotes.
American Family Insurance – 713 Lincoln Ave – Harvey, ND 58341 – (701) 324-2888
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
The following are independent agents in Harvey who can help you get price quote information.
Frey Insurance – 822 Lincoln Ave – Harvey, ND 58341 – (701) 324-2375
First State Bank Insurance – 700 Lincoln Ave – Harvey, ND 58341 – (701) 324-2285
For a full directory of licensed insurance agents in Harvey, visit this site.
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- How much liability coverage do I need in North Dakota?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Should I buy only the required North Dakota minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do no-fault laws apply in North Dakota?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Components of your insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining auto insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Companies in North Dakota award better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can buy when buying auto insurance. Things like personal injury protection, towing coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- No coverage gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big if you change to them. But how can every company say the same thing?
All companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 40, owns a home, and has a high credit rating. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile will be charged higher prices and ends up with business not being written. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. That is why you should get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Keep this in mind
As you prepare to switch companies, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can reduce auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cost effective auto insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood Harvey agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
For more North Dakota auto insurance information
Additional detailed information is available at the North Dakota Insurance Department website. North Dakota consumers can view a list of available companies, find out industry alerts, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and learn about insurance regulations.