Are you tired of being strong-armed to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other drivers in Colorado.
There is such a variety of insurers to choose from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to find the lowest cost provider.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes yearly because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the best rates two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Starting now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The purpose of this post is to introduce you to the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Although Colorado vehicle owners should learn how insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Free Quotes for Car Insurance in Pueblo
There are several ways to get quotes and find the best price. The easiest way by far to find the lowest rates is to get quotes online. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The best way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate quotation requests for each company. Taking the time to complete one form will get you rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- A more difficult way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to the website for every company you want to comare to request a price quote. For instance, we’ll assume you want rates from GEICO, Safeco and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Pueblo, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make absolute certain that you use identical coverage information for each price quote. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison in Pueblo. Having just a slight variation in limits may result in a large different in cost. And when price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding the best offered rates.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Pueblo can save you money because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application on their website.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with frequent claim filers.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in Colorado, follow this link.
To find out more about Colorado car insurance
More information is available on the website for the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance found here. Colorado consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, find out which companies have the most complaints, and read industry bulletins.