Are you sick and tired of being strong-armed to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other Ohio drivers.
Big companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and take the time to shop coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to compare prices before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rates a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the only way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Low Cost Springfield Auto Insurance
All the larger auto insurance companies give prices for coverage online. The process is pretty easy as you simply type in your coverage information as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for your driving record and credit report and returns pricing information based on these factors. Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit different websites and enter the same data into a form gets old quite quickly. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for a lower rate.
There is an easier way!
The easiest way to compare auto insurance pricing uses one form that gets price quotes from multiple companies. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons much simpler. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you can select any of the quotes returned. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. It only takes a few minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, click here and enter your information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount with certain companies.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Sign Online – Certain companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-77.jpg" alt="Springfield insurance quotes” />
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts in Ohio, click here to view.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Car features impact rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Credit scores impact auto insurance rates – A driver’s credit score is a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Many insurers give discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Verify your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever you are found liable for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Neighborhood agents for auto insurance
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain better rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent.
Deciding on an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Shown below are Springfield auto insurance companies who can help you get price quotes.
Backus Insurance – 1129 N Murray St, Springfield, OH 45503 – (937) 325-5252
Deerhawk Agency Corp – 4 W Main St # 625, Springfield, OH 45502 – (937) 323-0936
Gary R Gorby Insurance – 805 N Limestone St, Springfield, OH 45503 – (937) 325-7625
Allstate Insurance Co – 2317 Derr Rd, Springfield, OH 45503 – (937) 390-3330
Once you have received satisfactory answers to these questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurer that can properly insure your vehicles.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered for flood damage?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, learn about specific coverages, and find a variety of consumer forms.
The articles below may also help you learn more about auto insurance in Springfield
When trying to cut insurance costs, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
The cheapest auto insurance is available on the web in addition to many Springfield insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just covered many ways to shop for auto insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.