I can’t think of anyone who likes paying for car insurance, especially knowing the price is too high.
Because there are so many companies to choose from, it can be challenging to pick the right company.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Even more information can be read at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Kansas drivers can learn about specific coverages, find out industry alerts, view agent and company licensing information, and download brochures.
Other related articles:
Summing up your car insurance search
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Discount car insurance can be bought on the web as well as from independent agents in Salina, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned a lot of information how to reduce car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.