I can’t think of a single person who cherishes buying car insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Because you have many insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to locate the lowest cost insurance company.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in school.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut the amount you have to pay.
Low Cost Wallingford Car Insurance
Most major insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive give coverage prices on their websites. Obtaining pricing is quite simple as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system will order information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote based on these factors. Online price quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit each company’s website and repetitively enter the same data into a form is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
A less time-consuming method to lower your car insurance bill makes use of a single form that analyzes rates from a lot of companies. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online price comparison much easier. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy any of the resulting price quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. The entire process only takes a few minutes and you will know how your current rates stack up.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in a new tab and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate your coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get a price comparison based on identical coverages.
What determines how much you pay?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
The following are some of the items that factor into your rates.
- Performance influences rates – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Do car insurance companies bend the truth?
Car insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. They all seem to make the same claim that you’ll save big if you switch to them. How does each company say the same thing?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who do not match the requirements will be charged higher premiums and this can result in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can claim big savings.
That is why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict the company that will have the lowest rates.
Affordable car insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to many Wallingford insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to lower your car insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Learn more today
Additional information is available on the website for the Connecticut Insurance Department. Click here for link. Consumers can find disaster information, file complaints about a company, learn about insurance regulations, and find a variety of consumer forms.