Getting budget Fort Wright auto insurance online may be rather challenging for vehicle owners that are relatively new to online price comparisons. With such a large number of agents and insurance companies available, how can you have the ability to compare every company to locate the lowest price?
Smart consumers take time to do price comparisons every six months since prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best rates two years ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Choosing the best insurance company for you in Fort Wright is not that difficult. If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Kentucky drivers just need to know the tricks to shop for auto insurance online.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates is to understand auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give the companies some data like whether you drive to work or school, driver details, if you went to college, and the make and model of your vehicles. The rating information is instantly submitted to multiple top-rated companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and enter your zip code.
Discounts for lower Kentucky auto insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a course in defensive driver could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can get you a discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. But any discount should help lower your overall premium however.
To see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Kentucky, click here.
Get rate quotes but work with a local Fort Wright insurance agent
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent because prices are sent to your email. If you need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
Captive and independent Fort Wright car insurance agents
If you need to find a good Fort Wright insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they function. Agents can be described as either independent agents or captive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence buying decisions.
Captive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be captive work for only one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Captive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Captive agents are well schooled on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to compare prices from independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most also write with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Wright who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Adkisson Insurance Inc – 1885 Dixie Hwy # 320 – Fort Wright, KY 41011 – (859) 341-2663
- Rob Black Insurance Inc – 1874 Ashwood Cir – Fort Wright, KY 41011 – (859) 341-2219
To view more insurance agents in Fort Wright, see this complete selection of Fort Wright auto insurance providers.
Once you have received good answers as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found an insurance agency that meets your needs to insure your vehicles.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When buying coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Find lower-cost auto insurance with these tips
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but others are less obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
The list below includes some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Kentucky motor vehicle department.
- Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Where you reside can influence premiums – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Lower population means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densly populated areas have more road rage incidents and more time behind the wheel. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having your car stolen. The deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few add-on coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, towing, and term life insurance may not be needed and are just wasting money. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
Buy online or local, you save
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare auto insurance premium rates online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Discount auto insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Fort Wright agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is located at the Kentucky Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out which companies have the most complaints, and report car insurance fraud.