Paying for high-priced car insurance can overdraw your bank account and make it hard to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is a smart way to help make ends meet. Because there are so many different company options, it’s nearly impossible to locate the most affordable car insurance company.
It’s important to compare prices every six months since rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates last year there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance on the web, but with this article, you’re going to get some good information on how to stop overpaying for insurance.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Car Insurance Comparison Rates in Freeport
Lowering your car insurance rates is actually quite simple. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes to get quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
The fastest way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This form saves time by eliminating separate forms to each individual car insurance company. Filling out one form will return quotes from car insurance companies with the best prices.
A different way to compare rate quotes requires you to visit the website of each company to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from State Farm, 21st Century and Allstate. You would have to go to every website and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Freeport, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using the exact same coverage limits for each price quote. If you are comparing different deductibles you can’t possibly make an equal comparison in Freeport.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Maine?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Smart consumers save more
Budget-conscious car insurance can be sourced online as well as from independent agents in Freeport, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
We just covered a lot of information how to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.