Overpriced auto insurance can empty your checking account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing price quotes is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Many insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to discover the definitive lowest rate
Finding Auto Insurance in Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reducing your insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rates from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- Probably the best way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for every auto insurance company. Taking the time to complete one form compares rates from many national carriers.
- A more difficult way to get quotes online requires visiting the website for each individual company and request a quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Farmers, Allstate and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in Los Lunas, click here.
- The least recommended method of getting rate comparisons to local Los Lunas insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage information with every price quote. If you are comparing mixed coverages it’s impossible to find the best deal in Los Lunas.
Save big with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Los Lunas, click this link.
Decisions you make can impact your rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-56.jpg" alt="New Mexico car insurance prices”/>
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine prices.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in a rural area can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. Fewer people means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers in populated New Mexico areas tend to have much more traffic to deal with and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means more change of being in an accident.
- Your spouse saves you money – Getting married can actually save you money on auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Is your vehicle built for speed? – The type of car you are insuring makes a significant difference in your rates. The most favorable rates are for economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Even one moving violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. If you have severe violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the New Mexico motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
Neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Los Lunas.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Los Lunas who will compete for your coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. How cool is that?!
Below is a list of car insurance companies in Los Lunas that may be willing to give comparison quotes.
Joe Baca Insurance – 1910 Main St NE, Los Lunas, NM 87031 – (505) 865-8755
Farmers Insurance Group – 3470 Highway 47, Los Lunas, NM 87031 – (505) 865-7684
Farm Bureau Financial Svc – 2060 Main St NE, Los Lunas, NM 87031 – (505) 565-3555
Baca’s Village Insurance – 1910 Main St NE # B, Los Lunas, NM 87031 – (505) 865-5111
Allstate Insurance – 2424 Main St NE, Los Lunas, NM 87031 – (505) 865-3638
Marcus C Gallegos Agency – 400 Main St NW, Los Lunas, NM 87031 – (505) 565-1500
State Farm Insurance – 3459 Highway 47, Los Lunas, NM 87031 – (505) 865-4681
Picking a company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Once you have received answers to your satisfaction to these questions and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurer that will insure your vehicles.
Additional information is located on the website for the New Mexico Insurance Division found here. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, find out industry alerts, and find disaster information.
Best coverage at the best price
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
We’ve covered many ways to compare auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.