Feel like you have high-priced car insurance? It’s quite common and there are many Miami consumers feeling the pinch from expensive car insurance. Because you have many online and local companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to find the most cost effective insurer.
Finding affordable coverage in Miami is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. But Arizona vehicle owners do need to know how big insurance companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from local Miami car insurance companies. The easiest way to find competitive insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be done in a couple minutes as outlined below.
- If you are pressed for time, the simplest way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This style of form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form gets insurance cost estimates from multiple companies.
- Another way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a visit to the website of each company and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll assume you want to see prices from Liberty Mutual, GEICO and American Family. In order to compare rates, you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which can get rather old.
To view a list of companies in Miami, click here.
- The least efficient and most time consuming way to find and compare rates is actually driving to insurance agents’ offices. Comparing rates online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the advice and guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Drivers can compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using exactly the same coverage data for each price quote. If you have different data it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best in Miami. Slightly different coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. Just remember that quoting more helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Not every company provides online price quotes, so it’s important to compare rates from them, too.
Get cheaper Miami car insurance with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so the following list contains some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you .
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Miami could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- E-sign Discounts</strong – Some larger companies provide a small discount for signing up on the web.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-theft, accident prevention training, and teen safe driver.
- American Family discounts include good student, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, good driver, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- MetLife may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free, and good driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for daytime running lights, federal employee, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, good student, military active duty, and driver training.
- The Hartford offers discounts for air bag, driver training, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driver.
When quoting, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Miami. For a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Additional car insurance links
Even more information can be found at the Arizona Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, read industry bulletins, download brochures, and read state legal mandates and laws.
The following information may also be useful.