Feel like you’re a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many people just like you. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and it can be hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and take the time to shop coverage around.
It is always a good idea to shop coverage around before your policy renews because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rates a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about car insurance because we’re going to show you the quickest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Quick Nampa Car Insurance Quotes
Finding lower Nampa car insurance rates doesn’t have to be difficult. Consumers just need to spend a little time comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions to each individual car insurance company. A single form gets you price quotes from multiple companies.
- A harder way to compare prices is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare and request a quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from USAA, Farmers and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in Nampa, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is driving around to and from local Nampa insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the personal advice of a local Nampa agent. You can, however, compare online quotes and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using the exact same coverage limits for every company. If your comparisons have higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly make a fair comparison in Nampa.
Don’t miss these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but a few need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts in Idaho, click here to view.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Idaho?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Additional information can be read on the website for the Idaho Department of Insurance located here. Idaho drivers can read industry bulletins, find out industry alerts, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.