Finding the lowest price North Smithfield car insurance over the internet may at first seem to be rather difficult for vehicle owners new to quoting and comparison shopping over the internet. With such a large number of companies in the marketplace, how can North Smithfield drivers have time to compare every possible option in order to find cheaper car insurance rates?
Consumers need to shop coverage around once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best rates two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out how to quote online to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Car insurance companies offer lots of discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with the same car insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow companies to track driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, multiple policy, defensive driving training, good driver, passive restraint, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife may offer discounts for accident-free, claim-free, good driver, good student, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- 21st Century offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, student driver, good student, driver training, early bird, theft prevention, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
If you want , ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your state.
More detailed Rhode Island car insurance information is located at the Rhode Island Division of Insurance Regulation website. Rhode Island drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, read consumer alerts, and find out which companies have the most complaints.
More related North Smithfield car insurance information:
- How to Find an Auto Insurance Agent in North Smithfield
- North Smithfield Car Insurance Savings the Insurance Companies Dont Want You to Know About
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance is possible on the web and with local North Smithfield insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, delays in paying claims, being labeled a high risk driver and high prices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies is actually quite simple.