Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced car insurance? Believe me when I say many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to get the lowest price
It’s a great practice to compare prices before your policy renews since insurance rates change regularly. Just because you found the best deal a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about car insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ideas on how to stop overpaying for insurance.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Finding the best rates in Olive Branch is quite easy. Although Mississippi car owners should learn how companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Free Olive Branch Car Insurance Quotes
Most companies quote pricing directly from their websites. Getting quotes doesn’t take much effort as you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. After you submit the form their rating system orders your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote. Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit different websites and type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the lowest car insurance rates.
The preferred way to compare car insurance pricing requires only one form to obtain quotes from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes rate comparisons a lot less work. After sending the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the pricing results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
If you want to find out how much you’re overpaying now, simply click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This guarantees you are getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Some trigger automatically at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy online.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will bring down your overall premium however.
Lower your Olive Branch Car Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Just one citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit history is a huge factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit history is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your by improving your credit score. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most insurers give discounts to customers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Additional car insurance information is located on the website for the Mississippi Insurance Department. Click here for link. Visitors are able to find disaster information, report car insurance fraud, and get help finding coverage.
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. All the ads have a common claim that you can save after switching your policy. How does each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A customer who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who are not a match for these standards will have to pay higher premiums which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how companies can advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Do the work, save more money
We just covered some good ideas how you can lower your car insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with a small local company. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Budget-conscious car insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Olive Branch, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.