Scraping up a payment for overpriced auto insurance can overdraw your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to tighten up your finances.
Because there are so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be diffult for consumers to locate the right insurance company.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
To choose insurers offering auto insurance discounts in Virginia, click this link.
Additional information is available on the website for the Virginia Bureau of Insurance through this link. Consumers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, find out industry alerts, and file complaints about a company.
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for auto insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.