Feel like you’re a prisoner to an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Don’t sweat it because you’re not the only one. Since you have so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be challenging to pick a lower cost car insurance company.
There are a variety of methods to compare car insurance quotes, and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could waste time driving to agents in Baldwin City, or you could use the web to get the quickest rates.
The majority of car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and each company returns a rated price determined by their information. This eliminates the need for quote forms to every company.
To use this form to compare rates click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the insurers you want pricing from. So if you want to choose specific providers to receive pricing from, we have a listing of car insurance companies in Kansas. Click to view list.
Compare rates however you want, just be sure to compare identical information on every quote you get. If you are comparing differing limits it will be very difficult to determine which rate is truly the best in Baldwin City.
Car insurance companies offer many types of discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but some need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Sign Early and Save – Select car insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills may get you a small discount depending on where you live.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Distant Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for cheaper rates.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will cut your policy premium.
Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-120.jpg" alt="Kansas car insurance quote”/>
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, early quote, payment discounts, and new car.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include defensive driver, good student, early bird, driver training, air bags, anti-lock brakes, and student driver.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, anti-theft, good student, Drive Safe & Save, and student away at school.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, daytime running lights, good student, federal employee, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-theft, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, homeowner, teen safe driver, and safe driver.
- AAA may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in every state.
Can’t I get rate quotes from local Baldwin City car insurance agents?
Many people would rather visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended Most agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Baldwin City that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
What types of car insurance agents are in Baldwin City?
When searching for a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Baldwin City are considered either captive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can write car insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they are different since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Captive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Captive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are captive insurance agents in Baldwin City that can give you price quote information.
American Family Insurance – 707 8th St – Baldwin City, KS 66006 – (785) 594-2441
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, you will definitely want to check rates from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below are Baldwin City independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
Baldwin Insurance Svc – 802 Ames St – Baldwin City, KS 66006 – (785) 594-6822
To view more car insurance agents in Baldwin City, see this page of Baldwin City, KS insurance agencies.
How your Baldwin City costs are determined
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you better car insurance rates. Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but some are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Long commutes cost more – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. Many insurance companies charge rates based on their usage. Cars not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Too many car insurance claims will drive car insurance rates up – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Kansas give the lowest premiums to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of more catestrophic claims.
- Teenage drivers pay high costs – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims , and are generally more financially stable.Drivers with little experience are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
- Avoid unnecessary add-on coverages – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Vehicle features that cut rates – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help prevent auto theft.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – The majority of car insurance companies provide lower prices to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still compare other insurance prices to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
More comparisons equals lower rates
You just learned many ideas to lower your car insurance premium rates. The key thing to remember is the more you , the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Affordable car insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection.
More consumer information in Kansas
Additional detailed information is available at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to find out which companies have the most complaints, find out industry alerts, and learn about specific coverages.