Tired of sacrificing to make your auto insurance payment? You are in the same boat as many other Kansas drivers. Drivers have many auto insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more challenging to find the best rates.
Find discounts on Chanute auto insurance
Car insurance companies don’t list every available discount very clearly, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you .
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them with the same company you will save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow driving data collection to study driving patterns by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage – Driving less can qualify you for discounted auto insurancerates on garaged vehicles.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching companies before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- American Family has discounts for mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, accident-free, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, passive restraint, student away at school, driver’s education, and multiple autos.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, student driver, homeowners, good student, driver training, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers offers discounts including driver training, multi-policy, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, and emergency military deployment.
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Chanute. For a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Chanute, click here.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance company rates takes advantage of the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details like how many miles driven, if you’re married, driver ages, and the type of vehicles you drive. That rating data is sent automatically to all major companies and they return cost estimates almost instantly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here then complete the form.
How to lower your auto insurance premiums
Many things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Teen drivers in Kansas are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a teenage driver onto your auto insurance can be very expensive. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims , and usually have better credit.
- Safer vehicles that lower prices – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
- Do you have enough liability protection? – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection when you are determined to be liable for an accident. It provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Impacts performance impacts costs – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates will generally be found on small economy passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Continuous auto insurance coverage lowers premiums – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage may result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Kansas department of motor vehicles.
- High credit score translates to low rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your vehicle by improving your rating.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might help in determining whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do I qualify for additional discounts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance in the media
Companies like Allstate and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the companies make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you just switch to them. It sounds good, but how can they all make the same claim? Here is how they do it.
Many companies have specific criteria for a prospective insured that earns them the most money. For instance, a desirable risk could possibly be over the age of 45, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. Any customer who fits those characteristics will get low rates and will also cut their rates substantially.
People who are not a match for the ideal profile may be forced to pay a higher premium and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” can save as much as they claim. That is how companies can truthfully claim big savings. Because of this risk profiling, it is so important to quote coverage with many companies. Because you cannot predict which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
More effort can pay off
Lower-priced auto insurance is attainable on the web as well as from insurance agents, so get from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on auto insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
For more reading
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Consumers can learn about specific coverages, download brochures, view a list of available companies, and report car insurance fraud.