Finding cheap East Lansing car insurance over the internet is impossible for consumers not familiar with online price comaprisons. With so many choices of choices, how can you effectively compare the different rates to find the lowest price?
Automobile Insurance Quotes in East Lansing, MI
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The best method to find the lowest rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to compare a lot of rates at once is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This method prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form will get you rate comparisons from several companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want rates from Nationwide, Esurance and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in East Lansing, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using exactly the same information with every price quote. If you have higher or lower deductibles it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison in East Lansing. Just a small difference in coverages may cause a big price difference. It’s important to know that comparing more company’s prices provides better odds of finding the best rates.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a break if you buy life insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Driver Safety – Taking a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount with a few car insurance companies.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To learn more about car insurance in Michigan
More detailed Michigan car insurance information can be found at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, download brochures, file complaints about a company, and find out which companies have the most complaints.