Trying to find cheaper Pinellas Park car insurance is slightly frustrating for drivers new to online rate comparisons. With so many companies in the marketplace, it can turn into more work than you anticipated to find the perfect company for you.
You need to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes two years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, Florida consumers benefit from understanding how big insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Discounts can really help to save
Some providers don’t always list every possible discount very clearly, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Accident Forgiveness – but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- College Student – who are attending college and don’t have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their than drivers with accidents.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to your current policy expiring. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will definitely reduce your policy premiums.
Companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, driver training, safe driver, and renewal discount.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, good student, good driver, education and occupation, multi-policy, anti-theft, and AAA membership discount.
- American Family discounts include early bird, good student, good driver, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, driver training, and federal employee.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, and safe vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your area. To see a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Pinellas Park, click here to view.
Cheap Pinellas Park car insurance
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get prices direct online. The process can be done by anyone as you just enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. Once entered, the quote system orders your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms can be a bit repetitive. But it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for better prices.
A better way to compare car insurance pricing makes use of a single form that gets prices from many companies. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online quotes a lot less work. After sending the form, it is rated and you can choose any of the returned quotes.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. The whole process takes less than 15 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To compare rates now, simply click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting rate quotes based on similar coverages.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is my vehicle covered for smoke damage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Florida?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
And the best car insurance company is…
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices and high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
When you , it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
We covered some good ideas how to get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.