I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to buying car insurance, especially knowing their premiums are through the roof.
Consumers have many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, it makes it harder to compare company pricing.
You should make it a habit to compare prices periodically because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the easiest ways to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Compare Car Insurance Today
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes and find the best price. The easiest way by far to find competitive insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The fastest way to find the lowest comparison rates would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate forms for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form gets rate comparisons from all major companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to shop for car insurance online consists of going to each individual company website to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, let’s assume you want rates from Auto-Owners, Safeco and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to insurance companies in Rockville, click here.
- The hardest method of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to and from local Rockville insurance agencies. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the professional advice only provided by licensed Rockville agents. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online and get advice from an agent in your area.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you have mixed coverages you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate in Rockville. Quoting even small variations in coverages can make a big difference in price. And when comparison shopping, comparing more company’s prices will increase your chances of finding a better price.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but a few need to be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accidents.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a driver safety course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
To choose companies offering car insurance discounts in Rockville, follow this link.
Find out more about car insurance
Additional car insurance information is located on the website for the Maryland Insurance Administration located here. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, read consumer alerts, and file complaints about a company.