I really doubt anyone looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, particularly when the cost is way too high. People have multiple car insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to locate the cheapest rates.
You need to compare premium rates as often as possible because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate how to quote online to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Arkansas auto insurance discounts
Companies don’t always advertise every disount available in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Alma drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will definitely reduce the cost of your policy.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are:
- 21st Century may have discounts that include automatic seat belts, 55 and older, early bird, good student, and homeowners.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, accident-free, defensive driving training, and driver’s education.
- AAA has savings for multi-car, education and occupation, anti-theft, multi-policy, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, new move discount, newly married, exclusive group savings, good student, and multi-car.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area.
There are a lot of ways to shop for auto insurance, and some are less time-consuming than others. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with local insurance agents in Alma, or you could use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Many companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and at least one company provides a quote based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote forms to every company.
To find out what other companies charge click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is that consumers can’t choose which providers to get quotes from. If you wish to select from a list of companies to request quotes from, we have a listing of the cheapest auto insurance companies in Arkansas. Click here to view list.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, try to use identical coverage limits for every quote you compare. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be nearly impossible to get a fair rate comparison in Alma.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can lower your auto insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding . You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount auto insurance can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers work with local independent agents.