Comparison shopping for Crowley auto insurance is always difficult for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. People have so many options available that it can quickly become a real challenge to find lower rates in Crowley.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous citations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The make and model of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The cheapest insurance rates are for small economy passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Your job and insurance rates – Careers like lawyers, social workers and financial analysts have higher average rates in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as pilots, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Women and men cause accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there are discounts available to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
To choose insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Crowley, click here.
Neighborhood insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Educated insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Crowley.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. How cool is that?!
Two types of Crowley auto insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reliable agent, you need to know there are two types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Crowley are categorized either captive or independent (non-captive). Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they are different since it may influence the type of agent you choose
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a list of independent agents in Crowley that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 22130 Crowley Eunice Hwy – Crowley, LA 70526 – (337) 783-6212
- Roland S Rojas Insurance Inc – 124 E 15th St – Crowley, LA 70526 – (337) 783-3250
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include Liberty Mutual, State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only purchase coverage from captives mostly because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Crowley captive agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 22130 Crowley Eunice Hwy – Crowley, LA 70526 – (337) 783-6212
- Allstate Insurance – 509 N Parkerson Ave – Crowley, LA 70526 – (337) 783-8967
For a full directory of captive agencies in Crowley, go to this page.
Picking an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they full-time agents?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How are they compensated?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
After getting acceptable answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Louisiana consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. They all have a common claim that you can save if you move your policy.
How do they all make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer might be between 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted higher premiums and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully state the savings.
This emphasizes why drivers should compare as many rates as you can. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Louisiana?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Additional consumer information websites
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the Louisiana Department of Insurance website located here. Louisiana consumers can get help finding coverage, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and learn about insurance regulations.
Keep this in mind
Discount auto insurance is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Crowley, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read some good ideas how you can shop for auto insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.