Nobody I know enjoys paying for car insurance, especially when their premiums are too high.
With so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to choose the most cost effective insurance company.
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates at least once a year since rates are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the lowest rates on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to buy cheaper car insurance.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance in Larimore
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes and find the best price. The fastest way to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done using a couple different methods.
- Probably the best way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for each company. Just one form will get you price quotes instantly.
- A more time consuming way to get quotes online consists of visiting each company website to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Liberty Mutual, Esurance and Travelers. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Larimore, click here.
- The least efficient method of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to different Larimore agent offices. Shopping for car insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the trained guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare the exact same information for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have different deductibles then you won’t be able to determine the lowest rate in Larimore. Quoting even small variations in limits can result in a big premium difference. Keep in mind that comparing more company’s prices will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Buying car insurance from a local agent
Some people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Larimore.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Larimore who will give you bids for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy! You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent.
Types of insurance agents
When searching for a good insurance agency, there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Larimore can either be captive or independent (non-captive).
Independent insurance agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent agents in Larimore that are able to give price quotes.
Nodak Mutual Insurance – 115 E Main St – Larimore, ND 58251 – (701) 343-2383
Bernardy Insurance and Real Est – 317 Towner Ave – Larimore, ND 58251 – (701) 343-2112
Captive agencies write business for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Picking an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- How long has their agency been open in Larimore?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
Once you have reasonable responses to all your questions and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
Learn more about car insurance in North Dakota
Much more information about car insurance in North Dakota can be read on the website for the North Dakota Insurance Department located here. North Dakota drivers can get help finding coverage, report car insurance fraud, and view a list of available companies.