Having to pay for expensive auto insurance can diminish your budget and require stricter spending habits. Comparing price quotes is a fast and free way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Drivers have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because auto insurance prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to find great coverage at a great price.
This information will familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages. If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Arkansas consumers just need to learn the tricks to compare rates on the web.
How to lower your auto insurance rates
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Stressful vocation may mean higher auto insurance rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like real estate brokerspolice officers and accountants generally have higher average rates attributed to intense work requirements and long work hours. Other jobs such as farmers, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Buy as much liability coverage as you can afford – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- How’s your driving record? – Just one driving citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have multiple citations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Lower rates come with age – Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents , and are generally more financially stable.Beginning drivers are known to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The best way to compare car insurance company rates is to know the fact most of the larger companies allow for online access to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as whether you are single or married, how old drivers are, if you require a SR-22, and if the vehicle is leased. Those rating factors gets transmitted to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To compare rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Take advantage of every auto insurance discount
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but some need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multi-line Discount – Select companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring more than one vehicle with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags could see savings of 25 to 30%.
- Early Switch Discount – Select larger companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on your computer.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, good student, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for annual mileage, good driver, ease of repair, type of vehicle, multi-policy, and professional/association.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include accident-free, business or organization, defensive driving, good student, easy pay, family plan, and anti-theft.
- Geico offers premium reductions for military active duty, federal employee, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and driver training.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
If you need , ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Marianna. To find providers that offer many of these discounts in Arkansas, follow this link.
Comparing prices from local Marianna insurance agencies
Some consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is OK! Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find the lowest rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Marianna.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Marianna who will give you quotes for your business. You never need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Marianna
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents are either captive agents or independent agents. Both can handle auto insurance, but it is a good idea to know the differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get several quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Marianna that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
Bill Miles Insurance – 309 Mixon Ave – Marianna, AR 72360 – (870) 295-0783
Smith Insurance – 48 W Main St – Marianna, AR 72360 – (870) 295-2588
Captive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be captive generally can only insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Captive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of captive agencies in Marianna that are able to give price quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 21 W Main St – Marianna, AR 72360 – (870) 295-5684
To view insurance agents near you, see this list of Marianna, AR insurance agents.
Picking a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy, get answers to these questions.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arkansas?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
More information is available on the through this link. Arkansas drivers can discover disciplinary actions, read industry bulletins, get help finding coverage, and learn about specific coverages.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
When searching for , never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you many ways to compare auto insurance premium rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding . You may be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, Geico and Progressive.