Do you get frustrated by the wide range of auto insurance companies in your area? You’re not alone. Drivers have so many options that it can easily become a difficult mission to compare premium rates. North Ridgeville is a wonderful place to live, but paying high auto insurance rates can make it hard to buy full coverage.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information including whether or not you need a SR-22, the type of vehicles you drive, what you do for a living, and any included safety features. Your insurance information is automatically sent to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes with very little delay.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your car now, click here and enter your coverage details.
You may qualify for discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you could save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Driving Data Discount – North Ridgeville drivers who agree to allow data collection to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up before driving could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Distant Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next auto insurance statement.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, defensive driver, air bags, accident-free, and early bird.
- Nationwide has savings for defensive driving, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, multi-policy, good student, and business or organization.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, and claim-free.
- 21st Century offers discounts including teen driver, air bags, theft prevention, homeowners, good student, and defensive driver.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for bundle discounts, distant student, teen driver, business and professional, pay in full, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- Allstate may have discounts that include FullPay discount, farm vehicle, good payer, EZ pay plan discount, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Savings might not be offered on policies everywhere. To find insurers with discount auto insurance rates in North Ridgeville, follow this link.
For more information
More tips and info about auto insurance is available at the Ohio Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, read industry bulletins, read consumer alerts, and find disaster information.
The following information may also be useful.