I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to buying auto insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much. Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a company to find the best rates possible.
How to Compare Henderson Auto Insurance Rates
Getting a lower price on insurance can be relatively painless. You just have to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the best ways to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This form prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form gets rate comparisons instantly.
- A more time consuming way to obtain and compare quotes online is spending the time to visit each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, 21st Century and Farmers. You would have to visit each site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Henderson, click here.
- The most time-consuming method of comparing rate quotes is to waste gas driving to and from local Henderson insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional advice only provided by licensed Henderson agents. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare the exact same coverage limits on every quote you get. If you use higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly determine which rate is truly the best in Henderson.
Cut your premium with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Henderson, follow this link.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Henderson
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining auto insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
Listed below are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-5.jpg" alt="lower rates in Henderson Kentucky” />
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are quite a few additional coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers with flagrant tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as doctors, social workers and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates due to high stress levels and long work days. Other professions such as actors, historians and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- How many coverages with the same company – Some insurers provide better rates to people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Can’t I compare rates from local Henderson agents?
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will compete for your coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Deciding on an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Shown below are Henderson insurers that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance – 3351 State Route 351 E, Henderson, KY 42420 – (270) 826-2949
Vaughn Insurance Co – 315 N Main St, Henderson, KY 42420 – (270) 827-3505
State Farm Insurance – 311 5th St, Henderson, KY 42420 – (270) 826-0111
Grange Insurance Co – , Henderson, KY 42420 – (270) 546-9300
Allstate Insurance – 730 2nd St # A, Henderson, KY 42420 – (270) 826-7830
Johnston Agency Inc – 422 N Main St, Henderson, KY 42420 – (270) 826-9721
Once you have received good answers to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an provider that meets your needs to properly service your auto insurance policy.
When should I talk to an agent?
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help you determine if you would benefit from professional advice.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Kentucky?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found at the Kentucky Department of Insurance website. Visitors are able to read state legal mandates and laws, file complaints about a company, learn about specific coverages, and find disaster information.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Budget-conscious auto insurance is possible online in addition to many Henderson insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.