Saving money on Jackson auto insurance is nearly impossible for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. There are so many choices that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to find the best price in Jackson.
Smart consumers take time to check auto insurance prices once or twice a year since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best deal six months ago there may be better deals available now. Starting now, ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. This article will introduce you to how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. Mississippi vehicle owners just need to know the most effective way to shop on the web.
Learn How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
The following are some of the factors that factor into prices.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Teenage drivers in Mississippi tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- More performance means more cost – The type of vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Having a bad credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both have accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – The majority of auto insurance companies provide better rates to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with good safety scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
Save big with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Sign Online – Certain companies give back up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Driver Safety – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Mississippi, click here.
More information is located on the Mississippi Insurance Department website located here. Mississippi drivers can discover disciplinary actions, file complaints about a company, and download brochures.
Shop smart and save
The cheapest auto insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many Jackson insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented many tips how you can compare auto insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies.