Confused by the sheer number of auto insurance company choices in Springdale? You have a lot of company. There are so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to compare prices.
You should take the time to shop coverage around at least once a year because rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best price six months ago you can probably find a better price now. There is too much inaccurate information about auto insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to put money back in your pocket.
Discounts can save BIG
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying auto insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Arkansas?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Comparing rates from local agents
Some people prefer to sit down with an agent. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in Springdale.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Springdale who will give you bids for your business. You won’t need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy! You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent.
Do you need an independent or captive auto insurance agent?
When researching local Springdale agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not work for one specific company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Springdale willing to provide pricing information.
- Corbitt Agency – 14913 Park Ridge Dr – Springdale, AR 72764 – (479) 751-1122
- Walker Brothers Insurance – 6800 Isaacs Orchard Rd – Springdale, AR 72762 – (479) 306-4677
- Direct General Ins Agency – 5204 S Thompson St # B – Springdale, AR 72764 – (479) 750-4455
- Amy Johnson Agency – 201 W Emma Ave # B – Springdale, AR 72764 – (479) 756-8222
- Noel Morris Insurance – 4501 S Thompson St – Springdale, AR 72764 – (479) 751-7555
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents can only write with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate and State Farm. Captives cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agencies receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from captives mainly due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of captive agents in Springdale that can give you price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 377 W Henri DE Tonti Blvd – Springdale, AR 72762 – (479) 361-9898
- State Farm Insurance – 2871 American St – Springdale, AR 72764 – (479) 750-1500
- Allstate Insurance Co – 1602 E Robinson Ave – Springdale, AR 72764 – (479) 751-2215
- Shelter Insurance – 1748 W Sunset Ave # B – Springdale, AR 72762 – (479) 751-8000
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 3020 W Huntsville Ave – Springdale, AR 72762 – (479) 750-2062
To view a full list of auto insurance agents in Springdale, please click here.
Deciding on an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Once you have positive responses and a good coverage price, you may have just found a car insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
More information is located on the Arkansas Insurance Department website through this link. Visitors are able to get help finding coverage, find out industry alerts, and view a list of available companies.
One last thing about your coverage
People switch companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is less work than it seems.
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Affordable auto insurance can be sourced from both online companies in addition to many Springdale insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.